Fly Away With Me
I don't know how this happened. It just did happen. In a snap of a finger. So, go ahead. Laugh. I won't stop you. I know. I was and am wrong.
You may not be the person I thought you would be but somehow, I have learned to love the way you are.
You are the meanest, dumbest, densest and most oblivious person I have ever met. In short, the worst.
You are not the wordy, appreciative and expressive type and you gave me the most confusions, add not thoughtful and straightforward. You keep your thoughts and feelings to yourself, answer questions with one-word sentences and you always find your way out in every conversation. You never ask how I am doing, how my day went and if I had lunch or dinner. You never even say "Good night" or "God bless" when it's almost bedtime. You don't reply to private messages because you never even care reading them. I always get seenzoned and always send the last message.
Damn, I should have hated you for this.
Why? Why? Why? Why can't I even find myself hating you for not being someone I thought you would be? Why can't I just forget about you as a friend?
Why can't you just simply tell me the truth? Why can't you just say how you feel when all you've got to do is tell me, "Fly away with me."
Just tell me. I promise. I will say, "Yes, I will fly away with you."
(Forgive the short but straightforward thought on this post. I was actually running out of words yet I chose to write because I felt like this was the only way for my brain to actually work so I could start working on with my paper. I guess though, this post not only gave a way for me to vent, it also gave me an idea that when you try to force your brain to work, shit happens. I mean, it really did. And I admit, I did not like the way I played with words on this post. However, I liked the fact that those were the words that kept popping on my head. Glad to have vented.)

Comments
Post a Comment