I Just Want You To Know How Glad I Am That You Are My Sister
![]() |
Snuggled up in a white cottage at Yusay's Private Beach in San Juan, Binalbagan, Negros Occidental, Phils |
For 2 years, Mom, Dad, Bro and I lived without you. Two years became four, and four became ten. Will ten become forever?... I hope that won't happen.
I didn't really know what you first thought when you first had a glimpse of me at the hospital, the day I was brought into the world. I didn't know how you felt. I was just simply there, lying in the hospital's cradle, didn't have any idea what the world out there had prepared for me. What I knew was you were someone I knew I could count on. I would cry to let you know when I was hungry, sleepy or even when I just needed to change. You would play with me, hug me or would squeeze me but I didn't mind at all. I knew you would always be there for me.
When you left home for school, I was devastated. I knew that we would no longer be doing things together since you were away from home. A few months after you left, Mom and Dad finally decided we'd all live together under one roof. And with Uncle's help, he found a house for us to live in. I was happy when I knew that we would be living again together as a family. I then entered grade school.
I attended every important school event you had with Mom and Dad. When you finally ended school, I was really happy. We celebrated thereafter. You were then only a step away from achieving your dreams of becoming a registered nurse. You prepared for your board exams, prayed, trusted God and, passed! Our family rejoiced when we knew about your success. It was truly an answered prayer - a blessing. You made Mom and Dad proud!
A few months after the board exam results came, I heard about Mom and Dad's plans to have you leave the house and have your formal training at a hospital in Manila, and that you were to stay with our aunt. I was saddened by the thought of you leaving me, our family and our house again. I thought that was the last time I would cry because of you leaving. But then, I was wrong..
A year or two after you left Bacolod for Manila, I received news that you were leaving the country. I was torn. I didn't know what to think of anymore for I knew it would be too difficult for me to see or talk or hug you. But then as a child, I kept hoping that after you work, you would soon be going home - which in fact you did.
Two years passed and you got back home again. When you got home, I didn't know that you had been planning on going back to the country where you came from except, for this time, you chose a different province. Your stay in our country lasted for 6 months. Year 2005 was the year when you left for Riyadh. You got back home twice since then, within your seven years of work, including this year. And as you said about your plans for this year's vacation, you said you didn't have any plans of going home.
Each year, Mom and I have always been very hopeful that you would one day surprise us with your presence. Just your mere presence is enough to make us happy. And I've always wondered what've been keeping you from going home. Nevertheless, we always keep in mind that it has always been your choice. But just so you know, WE MISS YOU A LOT AND WE MEAN IT!
There are some things I'd like you to know, though. First, I believe that your success is the product of Mom and Dad's devotion and love for you. They had done everything just so you would be someone they could be proud of. A same fact which goes for me and Bro. And, whatever you've achieved is a result of your hardwork, dedication, commitment, patience and most of all, passion in the field you chose to excel. I believe that you could do more if you continue believing in yourself and I know so well that you would soon make all of your dreams come true. You need not fear because God will always be by your side. You simply have to believe that He really is there. And of course, you must never forget that whenever you do your part, you should always believe in your capabilities and strengths. I know you can. Non-negotiable. End of story. Just believe, alright? Second, YOU WERE MY INSPIRATION. I chose to be a nurse not only because I wanted to be one but because of you! And throughout my student days even until now that I'm on my way to becoming a Master in Nursing, I AM AND WILL ALWAYS BE PROUD OF YOU! Lastly, I just want you to know how glad I am that you are MY SISTER. Thank you so much, Achi! You've made my dreams come true. Keep on dreaming and reach for the stars! I love you very much!

Comments
Post a Comment